Those gorgeous smoky eyes… how do they do it?
To copy their charming look follow the steps below, but remember the advice from Giorgio Armani to avoid the blue hues! They can make you look like you have under-eye circles and give a tired look to your face. Instead, go for black, grey, brown or if you want “colour,” dark green shadows and liners.
Then, follow these steps:
1. Apply a cream concealer over your eyelid to create a smooth base for your eyeshadow.
2. Use a pencil liner (black or grEy looks best) to trace your top lash line from the inner corner to the outer.
Then, use the same pencil to dot between your lower lashes.
Smudge both lash lines with a cotton swab or an eyeliner brush.
3. Sweep powder shadow (brown, grey and dark green all work with black or grey liner) over your lid and into your crease, blending the colour up and outward
TIP: To prevent colour from fading and give your lids a more shimmery finish, pat a cream shadow over
the concealer on your lid first, wait five minutes, then top with a matching powder shadow.
4. Dust a lighter, neutral eyeshadow (such as ivory) over just your browbone.
5. Finish with two coats of black mascara.
For details and samples read our Beauty section article on how to get the smoky eyes look.